Covid 19 Advice and Support Information
Due to the current circumstances I thought it may be useful to provide some details/ telephone numbers for points of contact and services available to support your child and family.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the school or myself at any point if you are struggling in any way – firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Head/ DSL
- Luv Preston – Phone: 01772 298107 / Email: email@example.com
- Noor food bank– referral form is required. Can be done online @ www.noorfoodbank.co.uk
- The Salvation Army – Tuesdays 10 – 2.30pm drop in and distribution of food parcels.
- Citizens advice Skelmersdale – Go to the office for a voucher.
- St Mary’s Church, Leyland – Mon- Fri 10am until 12pm
- Citizens advice Chorley – Go to the office for a voucher.
- Citizen’s Advice – offers a range of support for benefits, work, debt and money, consumer, housing, family, law and courts and health. National help line: 03444 111 444.
Services can also be accessed online at www.citizensadvice.org.uk
Health and wellbeing
- Samaritans – for any one suffering with their mental health. Call for free -116 123 / Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Child line – help and support for a wide range of issues including depression anxiety, or generally feeling overwhelmed. Phone - 0800 1111. There are also online counselling forums, message boards simply visit childline.org.uk
- Mental Health Supprt - A new online session that runs each Tuesday at 10am regarding supporting mental health run by lancashire and south cumbria foundation trust part of the NHS. http://www.twitch.tv/mindsetbydave
Northwest Children’s Social Care contact details
- Lancashire - 0300 123 6720 / Emergency Duty Team: 0300 123 6722
Domestic abuse/ violence
- SAFENET - 0300 3033 581 or email email@example.com
- Preston Domestic violence services – 01772 201601
Drugs and alcohol support
- Inspire – inspirenorthlancs.org.uk - self-referral form online.
- Non-emergency number - 101
IF AT ANY POINT YOU BELIEVE A CHILD TO BE AT IMMEDIATE RISK OF HARM OR THERE IS A RISK TO YOUR SAFETY PHONE 999
IF A CHILD IS AT RISK OF HARM OR HAS BEEN HARMED PHONE CHILDRENS SOCIAL CARE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE – ANYONE CAN DO THIS.